blogtofacebook

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our "maid"



* We have found a nice lady named Aisha to help out once a week in the evening. She is Muslim. She has a very sing songy sweet voice and she laughs a lot which the children love. She arrives and immediately changes into more comfortable clothes. It turns out that what I was thinking of the utility room is the "maids" room. There is a toilet and a shower above next to the washer and then a room smaller than a bed where we keep our luggage and the dryer. She said that many people have live-in maids that sleep in that room. I was wondering where all the live-in maids sleep. Part-time help seems to be less common but I haven't figured that out yet. I know no statistics on that but everyone talks (guides books, people I meet) about the live-in help. Apparently these jobs are the big break of someone from another country probably the Philipines.


No comments: